It seems so unreal that 2014 is coming to a close! In just a few days it will be 2015, and I am BEYOND excited to see what the year has in store for me!
2014 was pretty amazing, even though there were a few…hiccups.
* Being hospitalized for chest and stomach pains
* Not doing so well in the spring semester thanks to the pains
* Being sick for much of the year while trying to get all my medications figured out
* Dealing with incompetent doctors who INSIST I have pancreatitis (spoiler alert, I don’t and didn’t)
* Being wait-listed at the only school I applied to for their nursing program (thanks for losing my transcripts, school!)
* Applying to another school’s accelerated program after being screwed by my current school, and hearing a huge NO to my application. Thanks, spring semester grades.
* Total flops of craft shows and festivals, where I did horribly at selling anything I made.
* Getting married!!!!!!
* Driving to Texas in May, which was a fun trip even though I was sick 99.9% of the time.
* Finding out my new doctor is amazing!!!
* Getting most of my medications figured out, and slowly working on being healthy
* Getting off the wait-list and into the nursing program
* Starting nursing school, FINALLY. Even though it’s going to take me far longer than I want to be in school, I’m doing it.
* Constantly making new product for my Etsy shop, and learning from failed shows.
* Selling all of my ruffled scarves I had in stock just before Christmas, and having to make more to fulfill orders that came in. I hate making those things, but they’re so pretty and I’m so glad that others love them!
* Getting new cars! Kalen (that awesome dude I married!) bought us new cars at the beginning of March (we got married in April)
* Rescuing two kittens! Ellie (gray kitten) and Sirius (black kitten) are cute and spoiled! They’re not fond of their brother Harry yet though…. The two are siblings, but I think Sirius is older, OR Ellie was a runt. Pretty sure they were dumped off by our house, and they took awhile to get them into the house, but now they’re perfectly at home. 🙂
* Discovered my love of Jamberry nail wraps….and started selling them as an Independent Consultant! I cannot stress JUST how much I love this product. It is so amazing!!! I’ve made some amazing friends through this endeavor, and I’m so glad for it. I’m obsessed with this product haha. I wasn’t planning on posting too much about it, but if there is even just one person interested, I will!
* Being married! It was rushed for practical purposes (the need I had for health insurance; Kalen got his job when I was laying uninsured in a hospital bed, so we rushed the wedding), but I’m so glad it happened how it did. We’d been engaged 2 years already, and we kept putting it off for financial reasons (I don’t work, and we were both full time students), but in the end we had a beautiful wedding in my church, and a lovely reception. It was perfect. There were little details I might have changed or things I might have done differently (like having more than one attendant for us both), but those are little things that aren’t really important. 🙂
* Meeting new friends, and ditching bad ones. It’s sad when you realize the person you once thought of as your best friend is NOT…but it’s her loss. I have an amazing supportive group of friends, and there’s no time in my life for someone who doesn’t want to be there. Losing her made me realize just how amazing I have it already, and that she isn’t totally necessary. Again, her loss. I’m okay with this.
* Finally getting some new black boots!!! Love them! (it’s the little things, amiright!?)
* Getting a haircut, and realizing that I NEED to have it shorter. This shall happen asap. Good thing my hair dresser is my cousin. And good thing she’s awesome.
* My sister got a job, and she loves it. She unfairly lost hers last year (seriously, it was stupid and totally not right, nor her fault), and had problems finding another one for quite some time.
* Having some family visit from Florida: my Aunt Elsie for my wedding (YAY!) and my cousins Bobby and Sammy in August, just for a visit.
Lots of other good things happened, and other bad things too, but this is what I remember. The year outside of these events was, well, uneventful! I’m just so happy to be able to say I’m married, and that I’m going where I want to be. I’m working my butt off to get to where I want to be, and where I am now. It’s wonderful.
I hope everyone else has had a wonderful year, with more good than bad, and one that was full of happiness. I’m not where I want to be with my life yet, but I’m getting there, and I’m getting there with my best friend and husband.
Here’s to 2015!!!